Are you looking to deepen your understanding of microservices for software engineering? We have 3 video tutorials on basics of microservices, giving you a chance to learn from the best…Netflix, Google, and Amazon!
Best way to learn microservices: Whether you’re looking to enhance your conceptual or practical knowledge of microservices, these videos should give you everything you need.
1. Netflix Microservices Guide – Mastering Chaos
Well, it doesn’t get much better than this. In this video, Josh Evans, the Director of Operations Engineering at Netflix, walks you through their approach to Netflix microservices.
From the excerpt, here’s what Josh covers:
- The basics including the anatomy of a microservice, the challenges around distributed systems, and the benefits.
- The cultural, architectural, and operational methods that lead to microservice mastery.
You can download the slides here for offline study.
This video clocks in at just under one hour, but is well worth the time.
2. Overview Of Designing Microservices On Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Delivered by AWS engineers, this 1-hour video covers:
- The fundamentals of the Amazon microservices, the architectural approach
- Best practices for designing microservices on AWS
- The basics of Amazon EC2 Container Service, AWS Lambda, and AWS X-Ray
And if you want to grab a copy of the slides on download them here., you can
3. Google’s Guide to Building High-Performance Microservices (with Kubernetes, Go, and gRPC)
This 45-minute video is presented by Google Product Manager Andrew Jessup. He covers:
- The essential elements of building a performant, secure, and well-factored microservice in Go
- How to deploy it to Google Container Engine
- How to use Google Stackdriver to monitor, instrument, trace and even debug a production service in real-time
Ready to learn more?
If you want to check out more, read our interview with a leading microservices engineer or ask questions below!