Improved Conversion Rate By 60%, Eliminating $2.5 Million in Annual Ad Spend
Improvement in overall conversion rate.
With higher conversion rates, reduced annual ad spend by $2.5 million.
Designs across 45 screens for all three countries were improved.
Reduction in the number of words led to simpler user experience.
The process of registration on the client’s platform was complex and unoptimized. Our client was bringing in a lot of traffic to their registration page, but only converting at about half of the industry benchmarks. Several best practices and systems were not in place to truly maximize the number of registrants captured. The client was looking for an improved conversion rate for their registration process, which would ideally save them millions of dollars.
Key Challenges :
- Only 5.3% of people hitting the registration page completed registration.
- The client’s registration process was found to be a lengthy, low-trust experience.
- To meet registration goals, the client was forced to use an inflated advertising budget, wasting dollars.
- Simplify the user journey and increase the conversion rate.
- Build trust and credibility during the registration process.
- Add business value by reducing advertising expenses while increasing the agent talent pool.
- Observed and interviewed potential registrants and premier service partners.
- Changes were made to the design and content of the registration form based on user research and affinity mapping.
- Reduced the number of words by 31%. This made the experience simpler and more relevant.
- Social proofing was added across every element. Simple explanations were added strategically.
- Best UI/UX practices were followed. Visually appealing proposed designs, simplified user journeys, and business-friendly analytics accompanied by a rapid and interactive tech stack were implemented.
- The current registration process was broken down into steps and gamified. Follow-up systems were established based on persuasion techniques to keep the potential registrants engaged.
- Formatting was fixed and designs across 45 screens for all three countries were improved.
- 27 basic typos were fixed. Elements that could be perceived as negative were rephrased. Referrals and the ID system were standardized.
- The conversion rate increased to 8.6%.
- There’s a 63% improvement in comparison to the previous conversion rate. When extrapolated over time, this was consistent.
- Thanks to higher conversion rates, reduced annual ad spending by $2.5 million.