Reduced complex provisioning time by 94% with cloud-native development.
0 minThe demo provisioning timeframe went from 4 hours to 15 minutes.
0x7The resulting system was easier to use and due to its cloud-native design, the system is globally available 24x7.
03000 active users who were previously manually managed are now being dynamically managed through the portal.
0Reporting time reduced by 1 day.
The client’s sales portal had security issues with respect to user logins and incorporated technology making it a security risk. Their demo portal was a web application where sales representatives and Business Partners could log in to book demo resources for showing their product capabilities to potential customers.
- Technology upgrade – the client wanted to upgrade the technology stack to use a more modern technology stack. The demo portal was also running on a non-standard production environment that needed to be ported to new infrastructure.
- User management – users had to be manually added into the portal database to gain access. This was causing additional man-hours to be invested in managing users.
- Content Management – Content across the portal was not easily editable. This was causing issues where sales representatives were not having all the data in hand.
- Access management – there was minimal support for RBAC (Role-Based Access Control) on the legacy portal exposing content to unauthorized users.
- Lab management – multiple users couldn’t access the lab servers without booking their slots. This caused delays in customer demos which potentially ended up in losing leads.
- Modernize the application in line with microservices architecture.
- Faster deployment of the services enabling future scalability.
- SSO integration for better user and access management.
- Integration with LDAP for better demo resource Management.
- Real-time communication with the end-users.
- CI/CD set up for minimal downtime during production deployments.
- The technology stack was upgraded to Java Microservices and React.
- Microservices were deployed in pods using Kubernetes on the new standard production environment.
- Enabled SSO integration for user login and VDI access to offload the work of environment management.
- Using SSO, users were granted access based on the roles associated with their login.
- Automated resource assignment at the time of the demo to prevent overlap of schedules and have environments dedicated to pre-booked demos.
- Local RBAC implemented at the application level to provide fine-grain control on the content and actions performed by users.
- Real-time notifications (email and push notifications) using Kafka.
- Built DevOps pipelines for CI and CD.
- Analytics & Reports was powered through Firebase.
The demo provisioning timeframe went from 4 hours to 15 minutes.
The resulting system was easier to use and due to its cloud-native design, the system is globally available 24x7.
3000 active users who were previously manually managed are now being dynamically managed through the portal.
Reporting time reduced by 1 day.
It runs on a container architecture that enables it to be elastic, optimizing for both - availability and cost.
Want the full Case Study?
10901 W. 120th Ave, Suite 235, Broomfield, CO 80021
Phone: (844) 4BETSOL (toll free)
#42, Betsol Software (india) Pvt Ltd,
5th Floors, Block A & B, Brigade Software Park,
27th Cross,Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore – 560070