The client’s sales portal had security issues with respect to user logins and incorporated technology making it a security risk. Their demo portal was a web application where sales representatives and Business Partners could log in to book demo resources for showing their product capabilities to potential customers.
- Technology upgrade – the client wanted to upgrade the technology stack to use a more modern technology stack. The demo portal was also running on a non-standard production environment that needed to be ported to new infrastructure.
- User management – users had to be manually added into the portal database to gain access. This was causing additional man-hours to be invested in managing users.
- Content Management – Content across the portal was not easily editable. This was causing issues where sales representatives were not having all the data in hand.
- Access management – there was minimal support for RBAC (Role-Based Access Control) on the legacy portal exposing content to unauthorized users.
- Lab management – multiple users couldn’t access the lab servers without booking their slots. This caused delays in customer demos which potentially ended up in losing leads.
- Modernize the application in line with microservices architecture.
- Faster deployment of the services enabling future scalability.
- SSO integration for better user and access management.
- Integration with LDAP for better demo resource Management.
- Real-time communication with the end-users.
- CI/CD set up for minimal downtime during production deployments.
- The technology stack was upgraded to Java Microservices and React.
- Microservices were deployed in pods using Kubernetes on the new standard production environment.
- Enabled SSO integration for user login and VDI access to offload the work of environment management.
- Using SSO, users were granted access based on the roles associated with their login.
- Automated resource assignment at the time of the demo to prevent overlap of schedules and have environments dedicated to pre-booked demos.
- Local RBAC implemented at the application level to provide fine-grain control on the content and actions performed by users.
- Real-time notifications (email and push notifications) using Kafka.
- Built DevOps pipelines for CI and CD.
- Analytics & Reports was powered through Firebase.
- The demo provisioning timeframe went from 4 hours to 15 minutes.
- The resulting system was easier to use and due to its cloud-native design, the system is globally available 24x7.
- It runs on a container architecture that enables it to be elastic, optimizing for both - availability and cost.
- Reporting time reduced by 1 day.
- 3000 active users who were previously manually managed are now being dynamically managed through the portal.
Want the full Case Study?
10901 W. 120th Ave, Suite 235, Broomfield, CO 80021
Phone: (844) 4BETSOL (toll free)
Brigade Software Park, ‘B’ Block, 7th Floor
Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore-560070 India
Phone: +91 80 26710458